Monday, December 13, 2010

THE MILESTONE GAINITUDE 12/13

Last week was a see-saw. One day up, one day down. I was staying between the 116-118 range, but I wasn't making forward progress. I really was worried I had hit a gaining plateau and it was going to take a major change to push it any further. Considering I was still under halfway to my goal weight, I didn't want a stall-out, or even worse, get stuck in a slow and gradual decline.
On Friday, I just refocused on trying to eat as many calories as I could over the weekend. I had the fortune of having holiday parties on both Saturday and Sunday where eating was the main event. A great way to pack in the cals. Add in extra snacks, a couple big meals, and a protein shake here and there, and the weekend was incredibly successful, and it showed on the scale this morning.



120.2 lbs
20.5 lbs in 46 days.


So yes. I hit my next Milestone goal. I had wanted to do it by Christmas...getting there with 12 days to go is nice.

I'm now over halfway to my goal. I've gained 20.5 lbs and need to gain 19.8 lbs to hit 140. I'm shocked I made it this far this fast. Back in October, 120 seemed like a distant pipe dream. And yet a month and a half later, I'm here and still going strong.

The next milestone goal is 125, which is the weight that my dietician at the CF clinic wanted me to hit. I'm not sure if I can hit 125 by my appointment on January 3rd, but I will try. Guess it's time to load up on the Christmas cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment