Wednesday, November 3, 2010

THE MOTIVATION

Setting out on a long term health goal requres one particular thing more than anything else: MOTIVATION.

If you're not motivated, you're going to fail. Simple as that. And with dealing with CF, motivation is hard to come by. There's so many downer stories and tales of horror that it's just seems like a losing battle to even try to make CF your proverbial bitch.

I've found three sites that have bucked this trend and that I'm using to motivate myself.

CF FATBOY Jesse is a guy after my own heart. Living with the low weights of CF, he decided to do something about it and has gained an incredible amount of weight over the past year. His blog is not only a journal of his quest to get healthier, but a very strong CF advocacy blog with a ton of great information.

Run Sickboy Run Ronnie Sharpe and his wife Mandi may have one of the most positive outlooks on CF I've ever seen. Ronnie has CF but that doesn't hold him down in the least. He's out there exercising constantly, pushing himself to get better. Seriously inspirational stuff.

Cystic Life  Never in a million years did I think I'd sign up for a social networking site revolving around CF. As I stated above, I didn't want to be inundated with horror stories from hospitals. But Cystic Life is different. It's about positivity and <keyword> MOTIVATION. It's about getting answers and encouraging others. Awesome site.

No comments:

Post a Comment