Tuesday, November 2, 2010

THE BURST

The first few days of The Fatnessing have been a great learning experience. I feared I was going to be overly bloated and miserable due to the uptick in food consumption. And that was true for the first two days. I felt like I had eaten a baby, and it was desperately trying to kick itself out of me.

But I was eating more. Quite a bit more. Finishing full meals. Not skipping breakfast. Doing G-Tube every night.

Getting back to the gym was great. Hopping back on the cardio bus wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated. 20 minutes on the eliptical was a good starting workout without being overly strenuous. Lifting weights is a somewhat different story, definitely a lot of work and tiring. I can tell my poor little muscles just haven't had any real workout in quite some time. Doing full reps and sets is an actual work out. It hurts and it sucks. It's a good thing. It's what I want.

So five days in, how did I do?
103.6, a +3.9 lb gain in 5 days. 


I consider this the start of "The Burst". I'm probably going to gain a bunch of weight back very fast, and then hit a sort of wall and slow down. It's just how any body works. Mine was extremely malnourished and the weight is gonna fly on for a little while. It will be interesting to see where The Burst ends and the slog begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment