Sunday, November 14, 2010

THE STUCKITUDE

I always figured weekends would be the most difficult time for achieving results, simply because schedules get varied so much. Historically, that's always when I felt it was okay to skip G-Tube time. Even on this new Gainitude plan, I was prepared for weekends to be the breathing room time.
I had a fairly slow weekend. The girlfriend was busy with family stuff, so I just decided to work in my Gainitude eating and fitness regimen into Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I figured maybe an extra half pound plus over the end of the weekend would pay off in dividends.

But as of right now, I seem stuck.
111.2 lbs
+11.5 lbs in 17 days

This is the identical number I had on Friday, and is actually .2 down from Saturday, where I weighed 111.4 lb. I'm not worried about the .2 variation, but I am worried that I seem to be hovering around the same number every morning for the past three days, even with doing everything I should be.

My mind is in paranoid mode now.

Am I eating enough? I am pretty damn sure I am!
Are my enzymes working? Have no reason to doubt it.
Does my scale hate me? Well actually maybe. I'm using a Homedics scale at the moment that I know doesn't work very well. The first time I step on it, it will give me a completely inaccurate weight, usually 3-4 pounds high. I have to get off and then get back on for it to give me the "proper" reading, and I do this three times to make sure it's constantly saying the same number. This is what I've been inputting my Weighbot numbers from. I've been consistent with doing it in the morning and with the same amount of clothes for accuracy, but I still feel a little wary of what the scale is telling me. I have another coming from Amazon this week that I hope will be more consistent.

I will keep plowing ahead and doing everything I should be doing. If I see no improvements over the course of the week, then it's time to re-evaluate my current Gainitude eating plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment