Monday, November 15, 2010

THE WEEKEND, REVISED

So after all that fretting yesterday about being stuck at 111.2 seems a tiny bit silly. I stepped on the scale this morning and got this.
111.6 lbs
+11.9 lbs in 18 days

Assuming the 11.6 is accurate, I gained almost a half pound over the course of Friday-Sunday. This is actually good, steady weight gain. My frustrations yesterday now seem a little unfounded.

I did make a minor tweak to my diet yesterday as a test. In the past, I've been having my high calorie shake at night, usually very close to my G-tube feeds. Last night, I skipped the shake and made a simple egg and cheese breakfast burrito. It was less feeling, and less calories, but it was a good snack. And I gained weight yesterday with what I would consider a consistent diet from previous days. Minus the shake of course.

Now part of me wonders if the days where I was doing both the high-cal shake and the start of the G-tube feeds so close to each other might have sent my body into overload. That's ALOT of calories to take in during a relatively small period, and perhaps my body wasn't reaping the full benefit of the tube feeds.

So the experiment for the next few days is this: I'm going to space out the time between my shakes and the start of my feeds and see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. I will be stalking this blog now to keep up with #wesfit. Congrats on the progress thus far!! I hope to lose the weight that you gain so that the world will stay in balance.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete